Tuesday, October 21, 2008
Just click on Britney and she will take you to see what all the hype is about with her sexy new video for her single, "Womanizer." H-O-T!
Love Brit's Fragrance line? Get A Free Bottle Of Fantasy Midnight by Britney Spears! Click Here!
Monday, October 20, 2008
Don't Be Without Makeup ever! Get This Ultimate MAC Makeup Collection FREE! Click Here!
Got milk? What about mayo? Here are some emergency stand-ins for your favorite hair products and beauty essentials:
Use: Mashed avocado, whole milk, or mayonnaise.
How to: These supermarket staples contain fats and oils that will coat and moisturize hair, making it easier to comb.
Mash one avocado and, after shampooing, coat your hair with the paste (or with ½ cup of mayonnaise or whole milk), starting at the scalp and working through to the ends.Leave on for 15 minutes, then rinse well, says Edris Nichols, a stylist and the owner of the Edris Salon, in New York City.
Use: Petroleum jelly.
How to: A little Vaseline dabbed on your lashes with your fingertip will define them and help them glisten and catch the light, says Los Angeles makeup artist Carol Shaw.
Use: Loose powder or concealer mixed with moisturizer.
How to: Pour some moisturizer into your palm, tap a little powder or a finger dab of concealer into it, and mix until it has the consistency of foundation. You may not want to make up your whole face this way (it could look slightly patchy), but you can use the mixture to correct ruddy areas.
Use: Hair conditioner.
How to: Most conditioners contain a silicone, such as dimethicone or cyclomethicone, to give hair a smooth, slick surface. This same ingredient will allow a razor to slide easily over the skin on your legs for a close, nick-free shave.
Use: Hand or body lotion, face moisturizer, or lip balm.How to: Any product that contains an emollient will tame flyaways, says Eric Fisher, owner of the Eric Fisher Salons, in Wichita, Kansas. To avoid an oil-slick look, rub a drop between your hands first, then smooth it lightly over your hair. If your hair is naturally curly, twirl one-inch sections around a finger to define the curls, says Jet Rhys, owner of the Jet Rhys Salon, in San Diego, California.
How to: Cream or powder blush dabbed on lips with a finger creates a soft, sensual look. For a creamier texture, top blush with clear gloss or a lip balm, says Carol Shaw.
It works in reverse, too: Use lipstick as blush. Keep in mind that lipstick has much more pigment than blush, says Joli Baker, president of the cosmetics company Pür Minerals, in Atlanta, Georgia. To avoid going overboard, start with a tiny dab, then gradually increase the color. Add a bit of moisturizer to blend it in
How to: Shades like sienna, copper, and bronze complement all eye colors, according to Joli Baker. One caveat: A little bronzer goes a long way. Use a cotton swab to dust it just along the creases of your eyes and under the lower lashes; loading it on can turn your lids the color of candied yams.
If you don't have bronzer, try a sheer, neutral shade of blush, or scribble brown eyeliner onto a fingertip and wipe the color over your lids, says Los Angeles, California, makeup artist Tasha Reiko Brown.
Use: Styling gel.
How to: Hair spray works like styling gel in a spray form, says River Lloyd, a stylist with the Serge Normant at John Frieda salon, in New York. If you normally use hair spray to smooth frizz or add hold, wet your hands lightly with a little gel, shape your hair the way you want it, then air-dry to lock the style in place.
How to: Most any type of oil -- baby, olive, avocado, or the contents of a vitamin E capsule -- massaged into the cuticles will work, says Mark G. Rubin, a dermatologist in Beverly Hills, California. "It's really just the fact that you're putting on something oily to hold in water and moisture that matters," he says.
Use: The thick residue left in the rings around the top of a foundation bottle.
How to: Moisture that was in the foundation has evaporated, and what's left over is more concentrated -- like concealer, says Troy Surratt, a makeup artist for Maybelline New York. The trick to getting even coverage: Pat it on and blend it with your ring finger. Since that finger applies the least pressure, you're unlikely to gob on too much.
Use: Eye shadow.
How to: Dampen an eyeliner brush with water, dip it in blue or brown eye shadow, and drag the brush along your upper lashes. Another option: mascara. With your eye closed, touch the tip of the mascara wand along the lash line of the upper lid, smudging quickly (mascara dries in seconds) with your finger or a cotton swab. The effect will be smoky, and you'll get more definition along the lash line, says Tasha Reiko Brown.
Use: Petroleum jelly.How to: To soften serious calluses, apply a thick coat and slip on a pair of cotton socks before bed. Dermatologists love petroleum jelly for its ability to seal in moisture and encourage healing. "Vaseline draws moisture from the atmosphere into your skin," says Dennis Gross, a New York City dermatologist and the author of "Your Future Face."
Treat Yourself To Amazing Makeup! Get This Ultimate MAC Makeup Collection FREE! Click HERE!
Get Your Baby A Fun Fisher Price Jumperoo FREE! Click Here!
10. Sassy Butterfly Rattle and Teether Set
9. Baby Einstein Musical Motion Activity Jumper
8. Plan Toys Rattle
7. Cloud B Sleep Sheep
6. Lamaze Chime Garden
5. Lamaze Mortimer the Moose
4. Fisher Price Rainforest Jumperoo
3. HABA Baby Vegetables Rattle Set
2. Lamaze Spin & Explore Garden Gym
1. Infantino Baby Mail
Get A Free Fisher Price Rainforest Jumperoo! Click Here!
Friday, October 17, 2008
You'll know your child is ready when he or she:
• Is aware of the "need to go," and shows it by facial expression or by telling you.• Can express and understand one-word statements, including such words as "wet," "dry," "potty," and "go."
• Demonstrates imitative behavior.• Dislikes wet or dirty diapers. (Don't confuse this with your level of discomfort or inconvenience.)
• Is able to stay dry for at least two hours or wakes up dry after a nap.
• Is able to pull elastic waist pants up and down.
• Is anxious to please you.
• Has a sense of social "appropriateness" (wet pants can be an embarrassment).
• Tells you he or she is about to go. (Praise such statements to set the stage for a child who wishes to please you by learning to use the toilet or potty.) (Don't confuse this with your level of discomfort or inconvenience.)• Asks to use the potty chair or adult toilet!
Teach You Toddler Right! Get This Free Peter Potty Urinal!
Tuesday, October 14, 2008
Blaire Kessler received news that no woman wants to hear — she was diagnosed with breast cancer in 2005, at the young age of 31. Today, Kessler's cancer is gone, and she's developed a 100% natural line of products called Pristine Recovery, free from mineral oil, phthalates, and parabens.
A huge fan of old movies and past beauty icons, Kessler chose 1940's inspired packaging for her products, which are intended for use by all, not solely breast cancer patients or survivors. Proceeds from the sale of each item will be given to the Young Survival Coalition and the Cancer Prevention Coalition.
Here's what Kessler had to say about her experience:
Tell me why you chose this concept for your line.
"At first I developed the line in my kitchen for myself after becoming profoundly discouraged that there weren't safe and natural products to help me. . . I felt wonderful, but the treatment made me look like I was not doing well, and that was challenging."
To see the rest of the interview and view a list of Pristine Recovery products, read more.
Can you tell me a bit more about your process in developing the line?
"I read and studied intensely about natural remedies from all cultures. . . I started using the products on myself and they truly started working wonders. My husband noticed what a wonderful job they were doing on my hair and skin and he suggested we look into getting a manufacturer to mass produce them for the public."
How are your products different from the rest?
"A lot of research was performed by myself and my brilliant chemists on ancient remedies from the American Indians to Africans, to the Sanskrit people of India, to ancient Egyptians. If you want to produce an effective beauty range then an immense amount of research must be done. Each ingredient provides something of great value to the product."
What can we expect from Pristine Recovery in the future?
"We are planning on a shampoo/conditioner, face wash, body wash, a hot flash remedy, sunless tanner, sugar scrub, and a full skin and hair care line for men and children."
Friday, October 10, 2008
1. Fatigue. Due to the increase in hormone levels, most women begin to feel extreme fatigue in early pregnancy.
2. Sore breasts and/or nipples. Many women feel that their breasts are fuller and more tender with their nipples being more sensitive during early pregnancy.
3. Cramping and/or bloating. This early pregnancy symptom tends to feel very much like your period is coming.
4. Light Spotting. This light spotting is caused by the fertilized egg embedding into the lining of the uterus. Many women feel that their period is beginning, but it is actually one of their first signs of pregnancy.
5. Nausea and/or vomiting. Normally, morning sickness won't occur until about a month after conception, and some escape this pregnancy symptom altogether.
6. Increased urination. This symptom of early pregnancy occurs due to the increase in blood and other body fluids, which is processed by the kidneys and ends up in the bladder. This increase in urination will most likely only worsen as your pregnancy progresses.
7. Missed period. This pregnancy symptom is the first sign to some women that they are pregnant, especially with menstrual periods that are pretty regular.
8. Increased sensitivity to odors. This early pregnancy symptom may be due to increased estrogen levels, but no one knows for sure.
9. Basal body temperature stays high. If you're charting your basal body temperature, one of the very early pregnancy signs is a higher-than-normal temperature for that time of the month due to increasing progesterone levels in early pregnancy.
10. Positive pregnancy test. Most pregnancy tests will not detect early pregnancy until your menstrual period is missed. Some tests are more highly sensitive, however, and can detect pregnancy as early as a few days after conception.
Tuesday, October 7, 2008
Teeth Whitening Fact #1Teeth whitening procedures are not covered by most dental insurance plans.
Teeth Whitening Fact #2Tooth colored fillings, crowns, bridges and veneers will not lighten when you teeth are bleached.
Teeth Whitening Fact #3Teeth whitening toothpastes can make your teeth appear a little lighter by removing stains, but they do not actually bleach your teeth.
Teeth Whitening Fact #4
Teeth whitening does not produce the same results on all types of teeth discoloration. Someone with yellow tinted teeth would probably have great results with bleaching, while someone with gray tinted teeth might be disappointed because gray tinted teeth don't bleach as well.
Teeth Whitening Fact #5
Tooth sensitivity and gum irritation are common side effects of teeth whitening treatments.
Teeth Whitening Fact #6If you have any cavities, they should be filled before you have your teeth whitened.
Teeth Whitening Fact #7
Teeth whitening kits from the dentist produce faster results because they contain a stronger peroxide bleaching agent than whitening kits purchased over the counter.
Teeth Whitening Fact #8Touch ups are usually needed to maintain your desired shade, depending upon habits such as smoking, drinking coffee, and tea and eating certain foods which will stain your teeth.
Teeth Whitening Fact #9
People with gum disease shouldn't get their teeth whitened.
Teeth Whitening Fact #10It's a good idea to have a dental cleaning prior to having teeth whitened to remove surface stains.
Free GoSMILE Tooth Whitening Kit
Monday, October 6, 2008
Free Electric Tooth Brush!
When it comes to which kind of toothbrush is best for you, there really isn't anything written on a stone tablet. Toothbrushes are lifestyle commodities and most of us do not even think about anything while purchasing toothbrushes. The kind of toothbrush use is entirely your prerogative; however it helps to know the relative merits and demerits of both of them and to know which one is more efficient or which one of these toothbrushes can effectively help you in preventing dental care.
Manual toothbrushes are plain and simple. No frills attached bristles on an elongated, elegantly but thoughtfully shaped handle. It does require a little skill to use these brushes, as in knowing where exactly to push it over so as to get the optimum cleaning action around the corners in one's mouth and also as to how long must one keep brushing - both of which are not that common, though they might seem as simple skills to master. Efficiency of usage of manual toothbrushes tips the impetus on the user to derive the best from it.
On the other hand, Electric toothbrushes require lesser skill levels when it comes to using them. All one has to do is to throw the switch on and let the brush do its work. However, one must know as to how long one must keep it on. Since most people are not really aware of the time you need to keep brushing, some of these electric brushes come with an in built timer which automatically switches itself off after the pre-set time.
The results of a study - pertaining to the comparison between manual and electric toothbrushes by using three electric brushes against a manual one, ranging from 6 minutes to 30 minutes - have shown that electric toothbrushes have surpassed their manual counterparts by a wide margin, when it comes to dental plaque removal efficiency. It was also proven that more dental plaque was removed using an electric toothbrush as compared to the amount that could be gleaned out using a manual toothbrush. Some more studies done on the same subject have proven beyond doubt that electric toothbrushes are more superior to the manual ones and also help prevent concurrent gingivitis (which occurs due to dental plaque!)Electric toothbrushes are certainly a convenient option for most people, while manual toothbrushes still exist for all those who still need the good-old hand to- mouth approach.
Get A Free Electric Toothbrush! Click Here!
Friday, October 3, 2008
Get A Free Breast Pump! Click Here!
1. A safe crib. we recommend a crib over a bassinet or cradle, even to start with, because it’s considered the safest sleep environment for a baby. Cribs are federally regulated and manufacturers must also follow voluntary safety standards. Bassinets and cradles only have voluntary safety standards that regulate them. The AAP recommends room sharing for baby’s first six months. Make room for a crib in your bedroom. If you don’t have the space, a bassinet or cradle is the next best thing.
2. Crib mattress. For most parents, this purchase is an afterthought. But since babies sleep a lot—up to 18 hours daily initially, it’s important to buy a good crib mattress. The safest are super firm. When you pushing them in, they spring back immediately. Either foam or innerspring work well. What’s too firm for adults is just right babies. No need to pay extra for a mattress with an anti-microbial cover.
3. A sleep sack. At CR, our thing with cribs is “bare is best.” That means nothing in the crib—no bumpers, blankets, stuffed animals or pillows. But a crib skirt is allowed, so you can use that as a decorating starting point, if you’d like to. To keep your baby warm when she’s sleeping, we recommend swaddling in a swaddler sleepsack or a regular sleep sack for babies past the swaddling stage. These wearable blankets are seasonal; they make them for summer and winter.
4. A good diaper bag—preferably a diaper bag backpack. Diaper bags are accessories these days; they make some gorgeous ones, for example, that can go from day to evening. Don’t be seduced! Better to get a diaper bag with lots of compartments, which helps you stay organized, in rugged nylon microfiber. Backpack diaper bags keep your hands free so you can wear them and forget about them.
5. Diaper disposer/pail. Our top rated is the Diaper Dekor Plus; it’s easy to use and contained odors well in our tests. I also like the Diaper Genie II; it’s an upgrade to the original Diaper Genie, the granddaddy of diaper disposers, which is known for its ability to contain odors. The Diaper Genie II is much easier to use though.
6. The right stroller for your lifestyle. If you’re active, consider an all-terrain stroller such as the Mountain Buggy Urban or Maclaren MX3, our top favorites. Otherwise, a traditional stroller may be all you need. The Chicco Cortina scored highly in our tests. With strollers, it’s important to take them for a test drive, even if you ultimately plan to buy online. Take a stroller for a spin in the store. Practice opening and closing it, and see if you can do it one-handed. In the real world, you may have your baby in the your other arm.7. Infant car seat. This is a must. Our latest car seat ratings are still underway. In the meantime, look for an infant car seat with a five-point harness—it gives a baby a snugger ride than a three-point harness. Many strollers are car seat compatible, so take that into consideration too—whether the stroller you like matches with the infant car seat you have your eye on.
8. Breast pump. Breast feeding is big—and back. Unless you only plan to use a breast pump occasionally, such as when traveling, get an electric double pump, such as the Medela Pump in Style Advanced or Original. Don’t be tempted to borrow your best friend’s breast pump or buy one used on eBay. Since bacteria and viruses from breast milk can lodge into the pump’s internal frame, there’s the potential for cross-contamination. Experts say to consider a breast pump like any personal item you wouldn’t borrow, such as a toothbrush or lipstick.
9. Pacifier. The AAP recommends pacifiers to help reduce the risk of SIDS. There are so many to choose from. We recommend silicone because babies can develop a sensitivity or allergy to latex. Silicone also holds up longer. To start, buy several different brands/types and experiment. If your baby doesn’t like a pacifier, though, don’t force him to use one.
10. Baby bathtub. Get one with an internal sling; you’ll much more control when giving your slippery baby a bath. We like The First Years Sure Comfort Deluxe Newborn-to-Toddler Tub. Because a hammock-like sling, it has a padded, contoured back rest.
Click Here For A Free Breast Pump! Choose From Up To 6 Different Makes!
Thursday, October 2, 2008
Click here for a Free Aveda Hair Care Set!
"You need lather to know it's really working."
MYTH The more foam a shampoo produces, the cleaner your hair's getting, right? Not exactly. You may love working up a good head on your head, but those suds are mostly created for psychological effect (Oooh, it's cleaning!). Foaming occurs when surfactant molecules in the shampoo mix with air and create tons of tiny bubbles. Ideally, your head should have only enough lather to lubricate the hair and scalp, so a quarter-size blob of shampoo will usually do the trick.
"You should use a clarifying formula to get rid of buildup."
PARTLY FACT Unless you're using heavy-duty styling products, like pomade, mousse, or gel, regular shampooing prevents styling-product residue from collecting on your hair. If you do need a clarifier, don't use it more than once a week. These detergent-heavy cleansers, which do such a great job of removing buildup, will also do a great job of damaging the hair cuticle.
"Washing every day can be bad for your hair."
MOSTLY MYTH "Daily washing is safe and healthy," says Mort Westman, the cosmetics chemist. If you have oily hair, it's fine to suds up every day--but even oily types should use a gentle formula (translation: one with moisturizing ingredients, like silicones, shea butter, or panthenol). People with coarse or dry hair might want to be more conservative and wash every other day, says L'Oréal's Youssef. No matter what kind of hair you have, as long as you stay away from harsh formulas that strip natural oils and treat your strands with conditioner, regular shampooing won't do any harm.
"For best results, follow with a conditioner."
FACT No, this isn't a scam to sell you two products. Chemists can pack only so many ingredients into each bottle. And a shampoo can't clean properly and deposit enough conditioner to moisturize your locks. Using a separate conditioner will coat strands with ingredients that hydrate and protect. BTW: If your hair's super-oily, apply the thick stuff only from the ears to the ends.
"After a while, your hair gets used to your shampoo. That's why you need to switch to a new brand occasionally."
MYTH Honestly, where do people come up with this stuff? Let cosmetics chemist Westman set the record straight: "Hair is dead, period. So it can't 'get used to' anything. It's just your perception of how your hair responds to a new formula." So if you love your brand, there's no reason to switch.
Free Aveda Smooth Infusion Hair Care Set!
Wednesday, October 1, 2008
Several car booster seats do a poor job of positioning children to fit in their seat belts, according to a review by the insurance industry and researchers.
The Virginia-based Insurance Institute for Highway Safety and the University of Michigan Transportation Research Institute found Wednesday that 13 booster seats don’t put children in the best position to be protected in a crash.
The Institute, which conducts crash tests of new vehicles, did not recommend: Compass B505, Compass B510, Cosco/Dorel Traveler, Evenflo Big Kid Confidence, Safety Angel Ride Ryte, Cosco/Dorel Alpha Omega, Cosco/Dorel (Eddie Bauer) Summit, Cosco Highback Booster, Dorel/Safety 1st (Eddie Bauer) Prospect, Evenflo Chase Comfort Touch, Evenflo Generations, Graco CarGo Zephyr, and Safety 1st/Dorel Intera. IIHS President Adrian Lund said the 13 boosters “may increase restraint use by making children more comfortable, but they don’t position belts for optimal protection.”
Child seat manufacturers said their products meet and exceed federal regulations. Dorel Juvenile Group said it “welcomes the opportunity to review the evaluation conducted by the IIHS.”
Graco Children’s Products said in a statement that “safety is always a top priority and nothing is more important than the well-being of the children who use our products.”
It was the first time the Institute issued evaluations for booster seats. Lund said they chose not to review crash protection because the seats simply elevate children so lap and shoulder belts are well-positioned to restrain them.
Booster seats are typically used by children between the ages of 4 and 8. The seat belt is meant to be routed across a child’s lower hips and mid-shoulders instead of the abdomen because the liver and spleen are more vulnerable to injuries.
Russ Rader, an IIHS spokesman, said two of the seats not recommended by the Institute, the Costco Highback Booster and the Safety 1st/Dorel Intera, had been discontinued. The IIHS evaluated 41 seats that represented a majority of the market when the evaluations were conducted in the summer of 2007. Evaluations for all the seats are available on their Web site.
Institute also names 'best bets'
The IIHS called 10 seats “best bets,” meaning they were most likely to correctly position seat belts. They include: Combi Kobuk, Fisher-Price Safe Voyage (with plastic clip), Graco TurboBooster, Britax Monarch, Britax Parkway, Fisher-Price Safe Voyage (highback), LaRoche Bros. Teddy Bear, Recaro Young Style, Volvo booster cushion and Safeguard Go when it’s used as a backless booster.
Five seats were named “good bets” to provide acceptable belt fit. They include: highbacks Combi Kobuk, Graco TurboBooster and Safety Angel Ride Ryte, and combinations Recaro Young Sport and Safety 1st/Dorel Apex 65, when used as highbacks.
Dr. Kristy Arbogast, who researches child passenger safety issues at The Children’s Hospital of Philadelphia, said parents should not interpret the evaluations to mean that poorly rated seats are not effective.
“The biggest disservice this would do is to encourage people to move out of booster seats because we know they’re an effective restraint, we know they reduce the risk of injury and the risk of fatality,” Arbogast said.
Arbogast suggested that parents buying a new booster seat should try it out in their car and see how the seat belt fits on their child.
The government recommends car seats for children up to 40 pounds and booster seats for children over 40 pounds until they are 8 years old or 4 feet 9 inches tall. All children should ride in the back seat until age 13.
The National Highway Traffic Safety Administration issues ratings for child seats on its Web site: http://www.safercar.gov/.
Tuesday, September 30, 2008
1- Powdering your roots
If your hairline starts to look greasy, dig up a big fluffy makeup brush and dip it into a pot of loose powder (using translucent powder on your greasy roots). This is something you want do when you don’t have time to shower; it blends into all different hair colors — don’t use baby powder, use translucent as it absorbs oil.
2- Shave with conditioner instead of shaving cream
Ran out of shaving cream? Do double duty by coating your stems with a thick hair conditioner. It softens the hair so it’s easier to shave off and it makes legs feel amazingly silky.
3- Make an egg white mask
To revive tired and dull skin without hitting the spa table, try this: Crack open an egg in a bowl, separate the yolk, and use the egg whites to make a face mask. The proteins help to heal and restore skin’s moisture. Leave it on for five minutes, rinse off!
It’s the protein in the egg white that seals in moisture in your face. So leave it on, then take a turkey baster and rinse off. Its gentle for any skin type.
4- Heat up your eyelash curler
If you have stick-straight lashes, try blasting your metal eyelash curler with a hair dryer for a couple seconds to heat it up so your lashes bend more easily. And use a waterproof mascara — the formula dries faster than other mascaras, so it sets the curl more effectively. It works like a mini curling iron!
5- Spike lotion with bronzer
If you don’t have time to book a self-tanning session, mix a few pumps of body bronzer with regular hand lotion and pat it on your legs for a gradual dose of sexy, beachy color.
6- Soften your body with avocado
Take a ripe avocado, remove the pit and skin, and mash it up in a bowl. Slather all over your body, let it sit for 20 minutes, then rinse off. Your skin will be so soft, since avocado is a natural moisturizer.
7- Amp shine with vinegar
Mix one part vinegar with four parts carbonated water, and soak dry hair. Leave on for 15 minutes before you shampoo to lock in shine and combat dullness.
8- Press a tea bag on splotches
If you’re sensitive or just looking irritated or puffy for some reason, steep a bag of green tea for a minute or two, let it cool down and dab it over your face. The antioxidants in the tea take down inflammation.
9- Use eye makeup remover on stubborn lipstick
Don’t try to rub off red lipstick (which makes it smear across your mouth, which isn’t too sexy). Instead take a cotton ball or tissue and dip it in makeup remover, and just dab to erase the dark stain fast.
10- Use toothpaste on a zit
Use just a pea-size amount, let it sit for 15 minutes to absorb the oil so the pimple won’t get more clogged, then wash it off.
These tips can help you when you need a quick fix but if you want stay fresh and feel beautiful everyday try Pureology's Hair Care Set! Rejuvinate yourself with these great products and the best part is that they can be yours for FREE! Just click the following link, and get your Pureology Hair Care Set Free!!!
Monday, September 29, 2008
Want to shed some lbs? Here are 5 crazy ways to NOT to lose that pesky weight! Try alternative methods, like Weight Watchers! Get a set of FREE Weight Watchers Cookbooks to get you started on the path to weight loss! Just click here!
5. Grapefruit Diet. Eating half a grapefruit before every meal probably wouldn't be too bad. You certainly would stay on top of your vitamin C needs. No scurvy for you!
4. Cabbage Soup Diet. This is a 1 week on and 2 weeks off diet. Personally, I don't think I'd make it through a week of cabbage soup. I mean eating cabbage for just one meal sounds like enough torture to give up chocolate. Sure there are some other veggies mixed in here, but yuck.
3. Fat Flush Diet. This is all about flaxseed oil, cranberry juice, and supplements. Forget about caffeine and alcohol. And ladies, apparently, you have to forgo birth control pills. Talk about a double whammy on this one.
2. Coconut Diet. Coconut oil is supposed to boost metabolism. It's also high in saturated fat, which can raise cholesterol. I mean seriously, how about just eating a little extra coconut? Why make a whole diet out of it?
1. Bento Diet. No, you aren't eating bento boxes, but you are doing portion control by putting your food into them. The lady who created this diet actually has some pretty common sense weight loss advice. She's working with a 4:2:1:1 ratio of veggies, protein, grains, and fruit. But I'd never thought of using Bento boxes as portion control. Maybe I should start the Nike shoe box diet.
Lose weight the healthy way! Nix these crazy diets and start with one that can actually give you some results! Weight Watchers has helped many men and women drop the pounds! Get a head start with these great Weight Watchers Cookbooks, free!
Click Here For Free Weight Watchers Cookbooks!
Friday, September 26, 2008
My sister recently had a baby and of course, being her only sister, I wanted to get my little niece the perfect stroller. After reading what felt like a gazillion reviews, I found it! I knew the Bugaboo Cameleon Stroller was the one. Easy to store, safe, well made, washable fabric and adjustable - this stroller has everything you could ask for and then some. Even comes in a variety of great colors!
Lucky for me I came across this great ad for a free Bugaboo Stroller. The exact same one I needed! I am always looking for a way to save a buck or two and I hit jackpot. All I did was follow the instructions, filled out a few surveys and free trials and the stroller was mine! Just follow this link to your FREE BUGABOO CAMELEON STROLLER!
Thursday, September 25, 2008
In order to get sleek, straight hair, you need the right tools. There are so many options, you can chemically treat your hair, blow dry the heck out of it, or use a flat iron. By chemically treating your hair, it could cost you anywhere from $300-600, blow drying it will just drive you crazy. Lucky for you, I have done the research, and found the perfect solution to your straightening needs: a free Chi hair iron. Click the following link to great silk sleek straight hair with a FREE Farouk Chi Flat Iron!!
Thursday, September 18, 2008
You don't have to be born with it in order to have it. Yes, I am talking about the color of your eyes, with the invention of contact lenses, you can possibly imagine a shade and the next thing it is coloring your eyes. Most importantly, it was a relief for the people with spectacles, you no longer had to put up with the heavy frames that made you look less-attractive. The latest introduction in the world of optics are the material that can transfer drugs to the eyes.
Mark Byrne points out that the eye is well adapted at keeping foreign objects out. He says that most drugs are washed out by tears, disappearing down the eye's drainage system or simply spilling outside the eye.
chemical engineer at Auburn University in Alabama has created a contact-lens material that can be helpful in getting drugs into the eye in sufficient amounts, something considered to be a tricky business. The researcher says that the contact-lens material he has developed can hold high concentrations of drugs, and release them more slowly.
|The company is already developing anti-fungal contact lenses for treating eye infections in horses.|
Sounds unique right? Maybe we should thank Leonardo da Vinci for first conceptualizing the contact lenses centuries ago, it surly has manged to bring on the Mona Lisa smile on the faces of many satisfied users.
Why wait to get contacts as cool as these - click here and get these CooperVision Color Contact Lenses FREE!
Thursday, September 11, 2008
Who doesn't love Bare Escentuals! Vamp up your skin with Bare Escentuals BareMinerals foundation. It looks like a powder, but feels like a cream buffed on your skin like silk. The second I applied BareMinerals, it transformed my complexion and perfect complexion is what BareMinerals strives for.
I found an ad for a FREE! Bare Escentuals Getting Started Kit that includes 2 SPF Foundation Jars, Mineral Veil, Warmth All Over Face Color, Clear Radiance Face Color, Kabuki Brush, Concealer Brush, Flawless Application Brush, bareVitamins Skin Rev-er Upper, Mirrored Compact, and How-To DVD.
CLICK HERE FOR YOUR FREE BARE ESCENTUALS GETTING STARTED KIT!
Just follow the instructions, navigate your way through the site, and in no time you will qualify for your very own free BareEscentuals Make Up Kit!
Friday, September 5, 2008
Thursday, September 4, 2008
Dating can be a real drag. Especially when you get to your mid 20's to 30's. Well times they are a-changing, and seeing as now you find just about anything on the internet, why not try finding a date.
Online dating has grown so much over the past few years. I have to admit, I was a bit skeptical of the whole situation until my best friend was dumped. She was so distraught and upset, I honestly didn't think she would ever be ready to date again. So being the good friend that I am, I suggested online dating because lets face it, if you are looking for a serious relationship, you are not going to find it at a night club.
We came across the free ad on Google. Click here and it will take you right to it! We found that the company providing the offer, World Avenue, specializes in offering a vast variety of free products, just like this one.
There are a few requirements that are asked of you in order to receive the free membership. First off, you need a secure internet connection. As you navigate through the pages, you are asked for you email and mailing address for some of the surveys. You are also required to sign up for some free trials of products, for example, NetFlix, credit cards, and/or gourmet coffee. The process could take anywhere from 30 minutes to 2 hours.
It took us a good hour to complete the entire process. World Avenue offers a "Refer-A-Friend" option that allows you to receive the membership for zero dollars out of pocket! Of course we chose this option and both got the 6 Month eHarmony Membership completely free. Now hopefully this will help us find our Prince Charming!
Friday, August 29, 2008
Start With Small Diaper Purchases
Newborn Diapers - With or Without Cord Cut-Out?
What's the Best Disposable Diaper Brand?
Get 6 Cases of Luvs Ultra LeakGuards Diapers Free! Click here for your Free Luvs.
Are Store-Brand Disposable Diapers OK?
Boys and Girls Diapers, Crawling and Walking Diapers
Soft Covers and Re-Closable Tabs
Baby diapers can get expensive, so save a dime with this great offer I found for Free Luvs Diapers! Click here and get 6 Cases of Luvs Ultra LeakGuards free!
Wednesday, August 27, 2008
How many times have you said to yourself, "I'm going to quit smoking!", and never follow through? Well quitting just got a lot easier with just a little help from Nicoderm CQ. I found this great offer for Free Nicoderm CQ. Just Click here and get on the road to better health! This article has some great tips to help you keep the weight off while you start a new and quit smoking.
How to keep off the pounds when you give up cigarettes
Lisa Drayer, R.D.
As a nutritionist in private practice, I've met with many women who complain that the decision to quit smoking caused them to gain unwanted pounds. Typically, it's not a huge amount of weight gain--it's maybe 5 or 10 pounds. But the frustration is obvious and understandable: they feel they've replaced one negative habit with another--excessive consumption of calories.
The cause of hunger and weight gain after quitting smoking is related to a few different factors. For one, the nicotine in tobacco can slightly raise metabolism, enabling you to burn more calories than you typically would on a daily basis. When you kick the habit, you experience a slight decline in metabolism, which increases your susceptibility to weight gain. Another theory suggests that when you quit smoking, levels of serotonin--the neurotransmitter responsible for calm, relaxed feelings--are low, and this can lead to irritability and carbohydrate cravings. Consuming sweet and starchy foods increases serotonin levels and enables you to feel more at ease.
Aside from these biological factors, your smoking habit probably consumed some amount of time during your day. Whether it was during a work break, or once you got home, taking time out for a cigarette was probably a regular part of your routine. As a result, it's not uncommon to find other activities to occupy the time you previously spent smoking. I'm talking about walking to the nearest vending machine and treating yourself to M&Ms or a Snickers, or heading down to the company cafeteria to grab a bag of chips.
Rest assured, by quitting smoking, you've made a smart decision that will improve your overall health and physical fitness. I understand that watching the scale go up is not exactly what you would call a reward for your behavior, though. To help you avoid packing on pounds after you've kicked the habit, follow my suggestions below:
Tips to Minimize Hunger and Weight Gain after Quitting Smoking
1. Plan activities for times when you have the urge to grab a cigarette. Go for a coffee break, call a friend, take a walk, or do some errands.
2. Keep your hands busy at all times. This is key for the evening hours. Take up knitting, catch up on emails, or indulge your nails: give yourself a manicure or plan for a daily polish change.
3. Carry a water bottle with you whenever you can. This will occupy your hands, and sipping calorie-free water throughout the day will help you avoid weight gain.
4. Bring healthy snacks with you, in portion controlled Ziploc bags. Dried fruit and nuts, string cheese, and low-calorie energy bars are good choices.
5. Keep sugarless gum, mints, or a travel-size mouthwash in your pocketbook. It's great for cleansing your palate when you're craving sweets. At night, brush your teeth right after dinner.
6. Get moving! If you haven't been exercising, now is a good time to start. Exercise will minimize your hunger, boost your metabolism, help you burn calories, and improve your mood.
Here is the link for free Nicoderm CQ again. Quit smoking and keep the unruly weight off at the same time!
I have been dealing with skin acne for as long as I can remember, and now, being an adult I have had enough! I turned to my trusty friend, The Internet, and found this great product, Zeno Pro Acne Clearing Device that guarantees 90% of my blemishes will fade and/or diminish with in 24 hours. Not only will it help my acne, it's FREE! So for all you acne sufferers, let me share with you the key to happiness.
I will examine this offer under the following criteria:
1. How and where can it be found
2. Who is offering this product
3. Requirements to receive this product-in terms of effort and cost
4. My personal experience with this offer
1. With basic searches on Google, I came across this ad for the Zeno Pro Acne Clearing Device. You can click here and go directly to the ad or search through the paid listings under "free acne treatments". Paid search listings are the ads that appear at the top and left side of the result page. But be sure to look for the free Zeno Pro Acne Zapper ad on the left hand side.
2. I have been researching this company, World Avenue. They apparently advertise all sorts of free products in various categories. I found more links for free products that I shared with you above.
3. Basic mailing information is required and a secure internet connection is a must. From start to finish, it can take anywhere from 35 minutes to 2 hours. To receive this offer for $0, they offer a Refer-A-Friend option. (I highly suggest this option!)
4. It took me a good hour to complete the entire process. As I proceeded with the ad, you are given the option, like I mentioned previously, to Refer-A-Friend and by pass all the pages of trial offers.
All I know is that I can not wait to get the Zeno Pro Acne Clearing Device and say goodbye to my acne! I will update once I receive the product and let you all know how great it is :)